What is Pass Plus?
Pass Plus is a scheme that offers huge benefits to newly qualified drivers. The key elements are:
- Designed by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA)
- A structured programme delivered by Approved Driving Instructors(ADIs)
- Car insurance discounts available for completing the programme
What is the Aim?
- The aim of Pass Plus is to enable new drivers to:
- Develop their existing skills
- Acquire new skills and knowledge that will contribute towards positive driving
- Further enhance anticipation skills, plan for and deal with hazards safely
- Understand how to reduce the risk of having a crash
Pass Plus is a six-module training syllabus designed to develop the skills and knowledge of newly qualified drivers. The course must consist of a minimum of six hours training. The six modules consist of:
- Introduction and town driving
- All-weather driving
- Out of town driving and rural roads
- Night driving
- Dual carriageways
Drivers who successfully complete the programme will be offered a discount on their car insurance premiums by participating insurance companies.
The six hour programme costs Â£130 including lunch.